- Will COVID-19 disruptions be considered as you make admissions decisions?
Yes. Our Committee on Admissions will consider COVID-19–related disruptions as they review applications. We are aware of the numerous COVID-19 disruptions, including but not limited to the following:
- Canceled or delayed MCAT (first or repeat attempt)
- Grading adjustments (pass/fail in required courses)
- Course cancellations/curriculum adjustments due to the pandemic
- Transition of in-person to online coursework
- Canceled lab, research, clinical or professional development experiences
- Delay in research experiments/publications/presentations
- Delayed letters of recommendation and/or transcripts
The committee is prepared to review each candidate individually based on each candidate’s unique circumstances.
- Will I have an opportunity to explain how my application has been impacted by COVID-19-related disruptions?
Yes. A question is being added to our supplemental application that will allow you to explain how you have been impacted by the global pandemic.
- Will my application be negatively impacted if I am required to take prerequisite coursework as pass/fail?
Pass/fail courses will be accepted for admissions consideration for courses taken during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will review your application in the context of these circumstances and your unique situation.