The NUgene Project
NUgene is a biospecimen repository with longitudinal medical information from ~10,000 participating patients at Northwestern-affiliated outpatient clinics and hospitals. Participants consent to genetic research on their DNA samples and health data. NUgene is an institutional resource providing investigators with coded DNA samples and data for genomics research, as well as a vehicle for participant recruitment and contact for secondary studies (>10,500 patients).
- Coded DNA samples and questionnaire/health data
- Co-recruitment of research subjects to bank participant DNA
- Participant contact for secondary studies
- Grant application support (ie. preliminary study feasibility assessments)
- IRB application consultation
- Study consultation
All manuscripts and grants presenting work supported by this core should include the following acknowledgement:
"This work was supported by the NUgene Project at Northwestern University."
676 N. St. Clair Street, Suite 1260
Chicago, IL 60611
This page last updated Jan 8, 2013