The government relations teams of the University and Feinberg's clinical affiliates work closely with community leaders to advocate for legislation, funding, regulations and programs that put our patients' needs first.
We support a campus culture that encourages meaningful partnerships with community residents and stakeholders to understand their needs and priorities, guide our research, foster inclusive education and advance equitable access to cutting-edge clinical care in ways that serve to maximize the health and well-being of all people of Chicago, the state of Illinois and beyond.
Community Engagement Coordination Council
Members of the council include:
- Ronald T. Ackermann, MD, MPH; Senior Associate Dean for Public Health (Chair)
- Posh M. Charles; Vice President of Community Affairs; Northwestern Medicine
- Mary Kate Daly, MBA; Executive Director, Healthy Communities, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Namratha Kandula, MD, MPH, and S. Darius Tandon, PhD: Co-Directors, Center for Community Health
- Jennifer Kunde; Northwestern Government Relations
- Donald Lloyd-Jones, MD, ScM; Chair, Department of Preventive Medicine
- Holly Manprisio; Program Manager of Community Services, Northwestern Memorial Hospital
- Karen Sheehan, MD, MPH; Associate Chair for Advocacy, Department of Pediatrics
- Osama Siddique; Student Senate Executive Board
- Melissa Simon, MD, MPH; Director, Center for Health Equity Transformation
- Diane B. Wayne, MD; professor, Medicine and Medical Education
- Clyde W. Yancy, MD; Vice Dean for Diversity & Inclusion
Find out more about the many ways Northwestern University is working to build stronger communities in both Evanston and Chicago through the University’s Community Relations page.
We know that caring for our communities means not only thinking locally, but globally as well. Visit the University’s Global and Civic Engagement page to find out more about our focus on international study and our many faculty collaborations around the world.