Facilitating Compliance with Applicable Regulations and Policies
The Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg) Office for Regulatory Affairs supports faculty, staff, students, and trainees in their commitment to follow university policies and standards of conduct to ensure they act ethically and in compliance with all applicable laws.
The Office's responsibilities include:
- Identifying regulatory compliance obligations;
- Educating faculty, staff, students, and trainees relative to the overall objectives of the Feinberg Compliance Program and specific substantive areas of compliance;
- Monitoring and auditing activities;
- Managing the Joint Affiliate Annual Disclosure of External Professional Relationships Survey process on behalf of Feinberg, Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC), Children’s Hospital of Chicago Medical Center (Lurie Children's), and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (SRALAB);
- Overseeing and coordinating the efforts of the Feinberg Conflict of Interest Committee (COIC);
- Establishing procedures to prevent, investigate, and correct non-compliance; and,
- Investigating and resolving compliance issues.