Twelve first-year resident positions are offered each academic year, which begins in late June. Residency committee members from the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology screen all applications and invite selected applicants for interviews. A completed application must be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and be received by the committee no later than October 1 each year. Interviews for 2017 will take place on three separate Saturdays in November and December.
The ERAS application should include:
- an ERAS-provided medical school transcript
- a list of any honors or other distinctions obtained in medical school courses or elsewhere
- overall scores obtained in Parts I and II of the USMLE examination (if available)
- three letters of recommendation (at least one letter must be from either the department chair or a senior faculty member in obstetrics and gynecology)
- an ERAS-provided personal statement
- a list of any research papers and publications
Applicants are welcome to visit the Department and Prentice Women's Hospital and Maternity Center. Every attempt will be made to have a resident serve as a host and answer any questions. However, formal interviews take place only during the regularly scheduled sessions.
For questions regarding our residency program, please contact Renee Poland, residency coordinator.