News and Announcements
Read the latest news from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine’s Department of Dermatology. The links below take you to articles where you can learn more about our faculty’s latest achievements, awards and honors.
- Northwestern Announces New Global Primary Care Center to Foster Health Care Equity in the Developing World09.21.2022
Northwestern University has announced the endowment of the Ryan Family Center for Global Primary Care, focused on improving the quality of primary care throughout the world.
Northwestern Medicine scientists are expanding the global network of COVID-19 sequencing in regions where there is limited viral genetic information reporting.
Daniel Latyshev, a rising second-year medical student, has organized several aid efforts for Ukraine.
- 03.16.2022A new highly sensitive, easy-to-use test for COVID-19 that requires a single swab and 15 minutes has received emergency use authorization (EUA) status from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- 02.22.2022The Havey Institute for Global Health is deeply saddened to hear of the unexpected passing of prominent global health advocate and pioneer, Dr. Paul Farmer on Monday in Butaro, Rwanda.
A recent Northwestern Medicine study found global efforts to track variants grossly underreported a probable variant of concern, Eta, circulating in Nigeria in early 2021.
- 01.12.2022The Robert J. Havey, MD Institute for Global Health is pleased to announce the addition of a larger and more expansive award to continue to address the Institute’s mission to support and expand knowledge, research capacity and equity in global health through transdisciplinary research and education partnerships.
- Havey Institute Announces Departure of Mark Huffman, Director, Center for Global Cardiovascular Health12.16.2021It is with a mix of gratitude and sadness that the Havey Institute for Global Health announces the departure of Mark D. Huffman, MD, MPH, Quentin D. Young Professor of Health Policy and tenured Associate Professor of Preventive Medicine and Medicine-Cardiology, as the Director of the Center for Global Cardiovascular Health here at Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine, effective December 31, 2021.
Feinberg’s Robert J. Havey, MD Institute for Global Health hosted the 10th annual Global Health Day symposium on December 3, featuring keynote speakers, online poster presentations, and question and answers sessions.
Studies estimate that 10 to 30 percent of coronavirus patients may develop long-term symptoms. The New York Times dives into the struggles and lingering symptoms of Samantha Lewis, a patient of Dr. Igor Koralnik, who heads the Neuro COVID-19 Clinic at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and is Northwestern’s chief of neuro-infectious diseases and global neurology.