A completed baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited institution, or an equivalent institution as determined by Northwestern University, is required prior to matriculation into the program.
- Applicants educated outside the U.S. and Canada must utilize a transcript evaluation service.
See the International Applicants page for details.
- Applicants from the U.S. or Canada with coursework completed outside those countries do not have to utilize a transcript evaluation service if the coursework appears on their transcripts from the U.S. or Canadian institutions (e.g. study abroad).
- Applicants must possess an overall minimum grade point average of at least 2.80 (on a 4.0 scale) to be considered for admittance.
Official transcripts must show that the following prerequisites have been completed. Substitutions are not accepted.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed with grades of "C" or above.
- Labs are not required for any of our prerequisites.
- One course cannot be used to satisfy multiple prerequisites.
- Coursework from Kinesiology, Excercise Science, and Nutrition departments are not accepted to meet our prerequisites.
- The Program will honor credits completed at community colleges and online through regionally accredited institutions.
- AP coursework will be accepted as long as classes appears on a college transcript with assigned credits.
If AP coursework is completed Pass/Fail, the passing grade (or equivalent) must be a "C" or higher.
Applications will be considered if all prerequisites have not been completed according to the following limits, which apply to the two semesters preceding the June intended for enrollment:
- At most two prerequisite courses can be scheduled for completion during the fall semester (ending December)
- At most one prerequisite course can be scheduled for completion during the spring semester (January - May)
|Anatomy & Physiology||one|