December 16 , 2014
December 2014 Meeting Minutes
- The MFC has been reviewing research teams for the IPHAM seminar series co-sponsored by the MFC in the spring. The goal is to highlight collaborative research efforts across disciplines and departments. Researcher teams have been identified and the MFC will reach out to them in the upcoming month about presenting their research.
- The current MFC bylaws are under review. The updated bylaws will be voted on in the upcoming months and distributed once all revisions are considered.
- The MFC has two new council members: Monica Fudala, MD, Family and Community Medicine and Xiaolin He, PhD, Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics. If you are interested in getting involved, please email email@example.com.
- We are continuing to accept nominations for the 2015 Mentor of the Year Award! To submit a mentor for consideration, please visit our website http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/mfc/. Submissions will be accepted through Monday, December 29th.
November 18, 2014
November 2014 Meeting Minutes
- The MFC plans to co-sponsor two of the IPHAM seminar series in April/May 2015 focused on collaboration, specifically trying to highlight research efforts that have Basic Science and Clinical collaboration.
- The MFC website will is now live! Go check out our new home on the web: http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/sites/mfc/
- We are now accepting nominations for the 2015 Mentor of the Year Award! To submit a mentor for consideration, please visit our website.
October 28, 2014
October 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- Michael Fleming, MD/MPH attended meeting to discuss the FSM Mentoring Academy. The MFC plans to participate in the mentoring academy initiatives with a focus on standardizing and formalizing a mentoring process across all departments.
- A proposal for the Big Data Workshop was reviewed.
September 23, 2014
September 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- The MFC will be changing its monthly meeting location in order to relocate to a more central location for all members.
- The MFC is developing a proposal for a Big Data workshop to be hosted on the Chicago campus focused on big data in the medical field and accepting topic ideas from faculty.
- The MFC website is being redesigned and developed.
- Three new subcommittees have been established by the MFC to help foster the initiatives for the 2014-2015 academic year: the Communications and Outreach Subcommittee (Chair: Chris Robinson, ATC, FAAOP ); the Faculty Collaboration Subcommittee (Chair:John Salsman, PhD); and the Big Data Subcommittee (Chair: Lei Liu, PhD)
- The MFC has established a liaison with the Women Faculty Organization: Priya Kumthekar, MD.
August 26, 2014
August 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- The MFC welcomes faculty participation and invites interest in being a part of the MFC, or checking out the initiatives the MFC are working towards this year.
- The MFC is working in collaboration with Dr. Michael Fleming and his efforts to expand mentorship within the Feinberg community. Dr. Fleming has established a Mentoring Academy at Feinberg and there will be more to come on how to participate in the future.
- The MFC is updating and investing in our website and welcomes faculty feedback.
June 24, 2014
June 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- Discussion took place about hosting a networking event in order to facilitate collaboration amongst Feinberg faculty. The MFC looks to host a workshop focused on mentorship to help foster interdepartmental networking and collaboration.
- A team from the MFC met with the Big Data Task Force to discuss hosting a Big Data Day workshop. To generate relevant content, a call for content topics and ideas for training will be sent via email to the MFC and FSM community.
- New MFC Leadership Announcement: Dr. Priya Kumthekar has been elected as the new Vice President of the MFC. Dr. Shireen Ahmad will assume the MFC Presidency.
May 27, 2014
May 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- The discussion on ideas to help facilitate Feinberg Faculty Collaboration was continued and goals and next steps were addressed. A proposal will be written outlining what these proceedings could look like, and the benefits of facilitating them for the Feinberg faculty.
- The nominees for the 2104-2015 MFC Vice President were announced; election held via electronic ballot.
- The final draft of the Faculty Mentor of the Year Description and Directions was reviewed and accepted by the Steering Committee. These guidelines will be used going forward.
April 22, 2014
April 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- An update on the potential workshop the MFC is to host focused on Big Data.
- Ideas to help facilitate Feinberg Faculty Collaboration were addressed and discussed with a goal of how to foster authentic interactions that lead to successful collaboration. A proposal will be written outlining what these proceedings could look like, and the benefits of facilitating them for the Feinberg faculty.
- Dr. Hedman spoke in regards to selecting leadership for the future; the next Vice President will start in July/August of this year.
March 25, 2014
March 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
- The MFC reviewed the 2013-2014 Mentor of the Year events. The mentoring workshop was very successful, and gave the award recipients, Dr. Ram Yogev and Dr. Mark Courtney, an opportunity to share their experience in mentoring. Those who nominated and introduced the award recipients gave heartfelt presentations, and it was the general consensus that deserving people were identified for this award.
- All faculty are encouraged to attend the IPHAM “Seminar Series” held every Thursday; the MFC is co-sponsoring these two for April specifically focused on collaborative research.
- The MFC is in the process of setting goals for upcoming years. An effort to encourage collaborative interactions amongst colleagues has been discussed, as well as a potential workshop to be hosted by the MFC dedicated to sharing and learning about “Big Data.”
February 25, 2014
February 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes
January 28, 2014
January 2014 MFC Meeting Minutes