Focus of Work
I specialize in the minimally invasive surgical treatment of gastrointestinal diseases. Specifically, I treat patients with inguinal hernias, abdominal wall hernias, gallstone disease, GERD, hiatal and paraesophageal hernias, and achalasia. I also perform bariatric surgery for weight loss, including laparoscopic gastric bypass and laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy.
My research activities focus on surgical education, including the development of simulation-based mastery learning curricula and the use of operative video-review as a teaching and learning tool. Partnered with the Gastroenterologists at Northwestern, I am also involved in research regarding esophageal physiology, including the use of real-time intraoperative measurements to guide surgical technique and decision-making.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
HerniaHernias, hiatal herniaMinimally Invasive SurgeryGallbladder DiseaseBariatric SurgerySimulationSurgical EducationWeight management and obesity
Education and Certification
- MD: Mount Sinai School of Medicine (2008)
- MEd: University of Cincinnati, Education (2014)
- Residency: George Washington University Hospital, General Surgery (2011)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Minimally Invasive Surgery (2014)
- Residency: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center, General Surgery (2016)
- Fellowship: Providence Portland Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, Minimally Invasive Surgery (2017)
Digestive Health Center
259 E Erie St., 16th Floor
Lavin Family Pavilion
Chicago IL 60611