Voices of Feinberg
Hear firsthand from students what makes the Feinberg School of Medicine a unique environment.
- Mon, 28 Jul 2014
- Thu, 24 Jul 2014
- Wed, 23 Jul 2014Feinberg's Medical Scientist Training Program (MSTP) celebrated its 50th anniversary at the annual MSTP Retreat held on July 18 & 19, 2014.
Read more about the retreat here: http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/news/2014/07/MSTP_50th_anniversary.html
- Mon, 21 Jul 2014Congratulations to Dr. Kimberly Golden, a third-year pathology resident and winner of the Marco Ellis Legacy Award for her outstanding commitment to diversity
http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/news/2014/07/Marco_Ellis_award.htmlwww.feinberg.northwestern.eduKimberly Golden, MD, a third-year pathology resident, received the 2014 Marco Ellis Legacy Award for her outstanding commitment to diversity. The award was presented by the McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University and the Office of Diversity.
- Wed, 16 Jul 2014Northwestern University ranks 14th for most highly cited researchers worldwide in a list compiled from Thomas Reuters. Congratulations to all the Northwestern researchers included on the list!
- Tue, 15 Jul 2014Congratulations to Northwestern Medicine on being recognized as one of "America's Best Hospitals" by U.S. News and World Report! http://blog.nm.org/home/northwestern-ranks-in-top-10-on-us-news-2014-2015-honor-roll-of-americas-best-hospitals
- Mon, 14 Jul 2014Please join us in welcoming Dr. Elizabeth McNally as the new Ann Lurie Professor of Genetic Medicine and director of the Center for Genetic Medicine. http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/news/2014/07/McNally_genetic_medicine.html
- Thu, 10 Jul 2014Looking for something to do this weekend? Make sure to check out #TasteofChicago at Grant Park. It's the world's largest outdoor food festival featuring thousands of #Chicago's favorite restaurants, celebrity chefs, live music and more!www.cityofchicago.orgA daily schedule of what is happening at the Taste of Chicago.
- Fri, 04 Jul 2014
- Tue, 01 Jul 2014This week, the American College of Physicians recommended against annual pelvic exams for women. Northwestern's Lauren Streicher, MD, Dr. Streicher on Facebook, has pointed out some flaws in the recommendation and noted that the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists continues to recommend the exams. What do you think?
http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/lauren-streicher-midlife-menopause-and-beyond/why-new-no-pelvic-exam-recommendation-flawed/www.everydayhealth.comThe American College of Physicians issued a statement saying many women have no need for a regular pelvic exam, but their argument has some very big flaws.
- Mon, 30 Jun 2014From Northwestern University Emergency Medicine Residency via Twitter: "Last day of #NUEM Intern Orientation! Basic Airway & Chest Tube Bootcamps before internship begins!" Great work everyone!
- Thu, 26 Jun 2014Northwestern Medicine scientist, Dr. Chonghui Cheng and her team have discovered a new path to stop breast cancer from invading other organs. Read more here:
- Mon, 23 Jun 2014We've seen #Northwestern's own Dr. George Chiampas doing great work on the World Cup stage. Go team USA!
- Fri, 20 Jun 2014Delinquency in youth predicts a significantly higher rate of violent death in adulthood -- especially from firearms -- and females are among the most vulnerable reports a new #NorthwesternMedicine study: http://bit.ly/1uK5HP0
- Tue, 17 Jun 2014A new #NorthwesternMedicine study shows the benefits of using a human simulation training program to help adults with autism improve their job interview skills and confidence.
- Tue, 10 Jun 2014Congratulations to Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago on once again being named as one of the top children's hospitals in the country by U.S.News & World Report!We're excited to announce that Lurie Children's has been named once again by @[5834919267:274:U.S. News and World Report] as one of the top children's hospitals in the country! Read more here, http://goo.gl/3nuuVe #besthospitals
- Mon, 09 Jun 2014Congratulations to the PA Class of 2016, who received their white coats last Friday! http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/news/2014/06/PA_White_Coat_2014.html
- Fri, 06 Jun 2014Did you know Feinberg recently received a transformational gift from Dr. Earl and Mrs. Lovie Beard toward our goal of a tuition-free medical school? http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2014/05/bequest-to-help-support-tuition-free-medical-school-at-northwestern.htmlwww.northwestern.eduCHICAGO --- A transformational gift from Dr. Earl and Mrs. Lovie Beard will endow the Earl and Lovie Beard Scholarship Fund at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- Wed, 04 Jun 2014
- Tue, 03 Jun 2014From the Lurie Cancer Center: "Even after a morning filled with running, walking and celebrating, no one can resist the urge to TwistOutCancer! Four years ago--weeks after completing treatment for gray zone lymphoma--Jenna Benn first led the twist as one of our "Faces of Cancer." Thank you Jenna for making it one of the morning's highlights every year since! #LurieWalk"
Great photos and a wonderful event! Check out their page to see more from the annual Cancer Survivors' Celebration & 5K, and thanks to the scientific and medical community for making survivorship possible!Held on National Cancer Survivors Day, the Lurie Cancer Center's Cancer Survivors' Celebration Walk & 5K brings cancer survivors, families, and friends together with the physicians, scientists, and health professionals who support them for a meaningful, memorable morning filled with family-friendly activities.Please tag your friends!