Voices of Feinberg
Hear firsthand from students what makes the Feinberg School of Medicine a unique environment.
- Mon, 20 May 2013Good luck to M2 students on their exam today!
- Fri, 17 May 2013
- Wed, 15 May 2013Ruslan Medzhitov, PhD, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and David W. Wallace Professor of Immunobiology at Yale University School of Medicine, was awarded the inaugural Lurie Prize in the Biomedical Sciences. Read more here: http://owl.li/l4iNS.Ruslan Medzhitov, PhD, Howard Hughes Medical Institute Investigator and David W. Wallace Professor of Immunobiology at Yale University School of Medicine, was awarded the inaugural Lurie Prize in the Biomedical Sciences. Read more here: http://owl.li/l4iNS.
- Mon, 13 May 2013Celebrate National Women's Health Week by helping the Women's Health Research Institute gain a better understanding of women's health issues. Register for the Illinois Women's Health Registry and help researchers find out:
â€¢Why do some diseases affect women more than men?
â€¢Why do women respond to some drugs and treatment therapies differently than men?
â€¢What environmental factors and behaviors most influence women's health?whr.northwestern.eduWomen's Health Research Institute â€” Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine 303 E. Superior Street, Lurie 10-121, Chicago, IL 60611 Tel: 312-503-1385 / 800-984-IWHR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright 2013 - Northwestern University Site Version 3.1.0
- Fri, 10 May 2013Scientists, physicians, students, and patient groups came together at Feinberg yesterday for Northwestern's annual Alzheimer Day.
http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/news/2013/05/Alzheimer_Day.htmlAnnual Alzheimer Day Highlights Science, Realities of Disease: Feinberg School of Medicine: Northweswww.feinberg.northwestern.eduIn a decade that saw fewer Americans die from heart disease, stroke, HIV, and breast cancer, Alzheimer's disease (AD) claimed 68 percent more lives in 2010 than 2000.
- Thu, 09 May 2013Feinberg is pleased to welcome distinguished investigator, Dimitri Krainc, MD, PhD, as Aaron Montgomery Ward Professor and chair of the Ken and Ruth Davee Department of Neurology. He will also direct a new center for rare diseases which will have university-wide participation. "Dr. Krainc will play an integral role in advancing the academic and research missions of Northwestern Medicine," said Eric G. Neilson, MD, vice president for medical affairs and Lewis Landsberg Dean.www.feinberg.northwestern.eduDimitri Krainc, MD, PhD, a distinguished investigator of international stature whose research has had a transformative impact in the area of neurodegenerative diseases, will join Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine on July 1 as Aaron Montgomery Ward Professor and chair of the Ken and...
- Tue, 07 May 2013As a reminder, Arun J. Sanyal, MD, chair of gastroenterology, hepatology, and nutrition at Virginia Commonwealth University, will present "Metabolomic Insights into the Pathogenesis of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis" as part of the Lectures in Life Sciences series at 4 p.m. today in the Hughes Auditorium at the Robert H. Lurie Medical Research Center. All are welcome to attend.
- Thu, 02 May 2013
- Tue, 30 Apr 2013"Leila" by Sheri Ross, MD, instructor of clinical pediatrics-community-based primary care, is just one of the many works on display inside the Ryan Family Atrium as part of the 20th Annual Art in the Atrium exhibit. The pieces will be on display from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Thursday inside the Lurie Research Building.
- Mon, 29 Apr 2013Good luck to M1 and M2 students on their exams today!
- Fri, 26 Apr 2013Thursday was Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Day at Feinberg. Judging from these photos, we'd say it was a success!
- Wed, 24 Apr 2013Alumni and friends returned to the medical school at Northwestern University for two days of reconnecting with the school and their classmates and peers April 19 and 20, 2013.
To see the complete photo set and download high-resolution pictures, visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/feinbergschoolofmedicine/collections/72157633314309560/Alumni and friends returned to the medical school at Northwestern University for two days of reconnecting with the school and their classmates and peers April 19 and 20, 2013.
To see the complete photo set and download high-resolution pictures, visit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/feinbergschoolofmedicine/collections/72157633314309560/
- Thu, 18 Apr 2013Ninth Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day took place on April 4, 2013. To download and share these photos, visit our Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feinbergschoolofmedicine/sets/72157633277237122/Ninth Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day took place on April 4, 2013. To download and share these photos, visit our Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/feinbergschoolofmedicine/sets/72157633277237122/
- Fri, 12 Apr 2013Good luck to M2 students on their exam today!
- Thu, 11 Apr 2013Research Day 2013 featured an unprecedented 318 scientific posters from all 26 departments. Fifty-five focused on women's health, another record. Learn more about some of the topics covered in this Research Day video.www.youtube.comThe Ninth Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day, held on Thursday, April 4, 2013, had a record-breaking 318 scientific posters, representing all 26 Northwester...
- Tue, 09 Apr 2013The new issue of Ward Rounds is online! Check out the cover story, "Closing in on Type 1 Diabetes," in which four Northwestern labs collaborate to tame this autoimmune disorder. Also online: a profile of Alan Krensky, MD, Vice Dean of Development and Alumni Relations, and an alumni profile of Boris Lushniak, MD '83, deputy surgeon general.www.wardrounds.northwestern.eduWard Rounds History BlogRead about the contributions of Northwestern men and women during military conflicts beginning in the 1860s.Click to View
- Fri, 05 Apr 2013A record-breaking 318 posters representing all 26 Feinberg departments were on display yesterday at the Ninth Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day. Numerous awards were given out including basic science, clinical science, public health and social sciences, as well as the Faculty Mentor of the Year awards. Congratulations to all the winners!Research Day 2013 Boasts Record Number of Participants: Feinberg School of Medicine: Northwestern Unwww.feinberg.northwestern.eduMichelle Oliveira-Fernandes, PhD candidate in pathology, stood excitedly at her poster on Thursday, April 4, at the Ninth Annual Lewis Landsberg Research Day. Her presentation on in vivo models and genetic approaches to understanding muscle spindle development won first place for basic science in th...