Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency
Jan 11, 2021 update:
Thank you for your interest in The Northwestern University & Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency Program. After following the deferment process described below, we filled our available residency slots for 2021-22 and thus will not be opening an application process for the 2021-2022 residency. We will continue to post updates here should anything change. Please do not hesitate to reach out to with any further questions. We applaud your pursuit of specialty practice and should your timing of application to residency programs change, we hope you will consider applying to our program next year.
The Northwestern University and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency is accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association as a post-professional residency program for physical therapists in orthopaedic physical therapy.
Training focuses on:
- Science-based clinical reasoning
- Effective and efficient examination and evaluation
- Evidence-based application of orthopaedic physical therapy interventions
- Patient education based on sound biomechanical and health literacy principles
- Participation in research and data collection toward the advancement of orthopaedic physical therapy practice and research
Download the residency information packet (PDF) for full information. The packet is updated annually in September, just prior to the opening of the application cycle.
Applicants may start to submit the RF-PTCAS application as soon as it is available each cycle year.
For more information, contact Carol A. Courtney PT, PhD, ATC, at Carol.email@example.com or 312-503-2603.