Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency
Thank you for your interest in The Northwestern University & Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency.
The Northwestern University and Shirley Ryan AbilityLab Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency is accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association as a post-professional residency program for physical therapists in orthopaedic physical therapy.
Training focuses on:
- Science-based clinical reasoning
- Effective and efficient examination and evaluation
- Evidence-based application of orthopaedic physical therapy interventions
- Patient education based on sound biomechanical and health literacy principles
- Participation in research and data collection toward the advancement of orthopaedic physical therapy practice and research
Please download the residency information packet (PDF) for full information. The packet is updated annually in September, just prior to the opening of the application cycle.
Applicants may start to submit the RF-PTCAS application as soon as it is available (typically in October) each cycle year.
For more information, contact Carol A. Courtney PT, PhD, ATC, at Carol.email@example.com or 312-503-2603.
Current Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residents
Dr. Schuster received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Shenandoah University in 2019. She is in clinical practice at Shirley Ryan Ability Lab.
Dr. Bradley received her Doctorate of Physical Therapy from Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine in 2019. She is in clinical practice at Shirley Ryan Ability Lab.