Focus of Work
Dr. Patel’s interests lie at the intersection of pediatric and fetal cardiology and clinical ethics. She is interested in societal, ethical, and legal implications of emerging technology and interventions in the field of pediatric cardiology as it relates to decision making. In addition, she is interested in medical education and teaching of bioethics to medical trainees.
Education and Certification
- MPH: University of Illinois - Chicago (1998)
- MD: University of Illinois - Chicago (2011)
- Residency: University of Chicago, Pediatrics (2007)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics Cardiology (2010)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Non-Invasive Imaging (2011)
- Fellowship: University of Chicago, Medical Ethics (2011)
- Board Certification: Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
225 E. Chicago Ave, Box 21
Chicago IL 60611
Institutes and Centers
Visit Angira Patel's Northwestern Scholars Profile to see the list of publications.