Learn about our process. Get everything you need to know about applying to Feinberg’s MD program: the when, how, who, and what to expect.
- Admissions Deadlines
Don’t miss any important deadlines related to our application process.
We think you’re more than test scores, transcripts, and GPAs, but understand that you want that information anyway.
- Interview Process
Our interviewing process is a way for us to get to know our applicants as much as it’s an opportunity for them to get a taste of life at Feinberg and in Chicago.
We welcome you to apply to Feinberg for your MD education. Take the first step.
- Tuition and Financial Aid
Medical school is a big investment. Be informed about with the investment you make in Feinberg, your education, and yourself. Learn more about cost, fees, debt, and aid.
- Entering Class Profile
Our studentry is diverse in so many ways…what unifies them is they could all be described as “impressive.” Get statistics about this year’s entering class and beyond.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does the admissions process work at the Feinberg School of Medicine?
- All completed applications are holistically reviewed and evaluated. The Committee on Admissions seeks candidates who have demonstrated academic excellence, leadership skills, intellectual curiosity and personal maturity. A premium is placed on breadth and rigor of the academic program and the life experiences of the individual. Applicants should be liberally educated men and women who have studied in some depth subjects beyond the conventional premedical sciences. The Committee on Admissions admits candidates who major in many subjects besides science, including history, English and communications. Research and activities that demonstrate the applicant’s view of medicine as a service profession, are positive factors in the review process. In-person interviews are required of all candidates considered seriously for acceptance. Interview invitations are issued solely at the request of the Committee on Admissions. Interviews are conducted at Feinberg.
- How do I apply to Feinberg?
- A completed application consists of the AMCAS web-based application, MCAT scores, the FSM supplemental application and letters of recommendation. Applicants start the process by completing an AMCAS application and designating FSM as one of the schools to which they wish to apply. All applicants who apply are given the opportunity to complete a supplemental application.
- Is there an age limit for applicants through AMCAS and/or Feinberg?
- Does Feinberg School of Medicine accept transfer students?
Yes. Opportunities to transfer into Feinberg are rare and limited to students in good standing at accredited allopathic US or Canadian medical schools. Successful transfer students will have a premedical academic record similar to that of the class they will be joining. Applications for transfer into the third year of medical studies, based on hardship, are considered.
- Do you accept international students? Are there additional requirements for international students?
- Yes, Feinberg does accept international students. The Admissions Committee requires international student applicants to have completed at least three years of course work at an accredited US or Canadian institution of higher education at either the undergraduate or the graduate level.
- Do you offer deferred matriculation into an entering class?
Yes, accepted applicants can apply for deferral and the admissions committee evaluates requests based on whether the proposed time away will enhance the student’s medical development. Deferrals are usually one year in length. The student should contact the Office of Admissions to obtain details on deferral requirements and the approval process.