Learn about key findings made by our research leadership via the following publications.
- Victorson D, Beaumont JL, Mahadevan R, Grimone A, Burns V, Murry W, Gutierrez S, Schuette S, Brady C, Ring M. (2016) Acupuncture-Related Quality of Life Changes Using PROMIS Computer Adaptive Tests in a Pragmatic Trial with Oncology and General Integrative Medicine Patients: The Role of Baseline Acupuncture Expectations. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- Burnett-Zeigler, I., Schuette, S., Victorson, D., & Wisner, K. L. (2015). Mind–Body Approaches to Treating Mental Health Symptoms Among Disadvantaged Populations: A Comprehensive Review. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
- Victorson, D., Kentor, M., Maletich, C., Lawton, R. C., Kaufman, V. H., Borrero, M., Berkowitz, C. (2015). Mindfulness meditation to promote wellness and manage chronic disease a systematic review and meta-analysis of mindfulness-based randomized controlled trials relevant to lifestyle medicine. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 9(3), 185-211.
- Victorson, D., Du, H., Hankin, V., King, K., McCurdy, M., Pruitt, J., Brendler, C. (2012). 384 Mindfulness based stress reduction decreases fear of progression over time fo rmen with prostate cancer on active surveillance results from a randomized clinical trial. The Journal of Urology, 187(4), e157.
- Moskowitz, J.T., Duncan, L.G., Moran, P.J., Acree, M. Epel, E.S., Kemeny, M.E., Hecht, F.M., & Folkman, S. (2015). Dispositional mindfulness in people with HIV: Associations with Psychological and Physical Health. Personality and Individual Differences. 86, 88-93
- Carrico, A.W., Gómez, W., Siever, M.D., Discepola, M.V., Dilworth, S.E., & Moskowitz, J.T. (2015). Pilot randomized controlled trial of an integrative intervention with methamphetamine-using men who have sex with men. Archives of Sexual Behavior, 44(7), 1861-1867.
- Moskowitz, J.T., Carrico, A.W., Cohn, M.A., Duncan, L.G., Bussolari, C., Layous, K., Hult, J.R., Brousset, A., Cotten, P., Maurer, S., Pietrucha, M.E., Acree, M., Wrubel, J., Johnson, M.O., Hecht, F.M., Folkman, S. (2014). Randomized controlled trial of a positive affect intervention to reduce stress in people newly diagnosed with HIV; protocol and design for the IRISS study. Open Access Journal of Clinical Trials, 6.
- Carrico, A.W. & Moskowitz, J.T. (2014). Positive affect promotes engagement in care following HIV diagnosis. Health Psychology, 33 (7), 686-689.
- Dowling, G.A., Merrilees, J., Mastick, J., Chang, V.Y., Hubbard, E., Moskowitz, J.T. (2014). Life enhancing activities for family caregivers of people with frontotemporal dementia. Alzheimer’s Disease and Associated Disorders, 28(2), 175-181.
- Cohn, M. A., Pietrucha, M. E., Saslow, L. R., Hult, J. R., Moskowitz. J. T. (2014). An online positive affect skills intervention reduces depression in adults with type 2 diabetes. Journal of Positive Psychology, 9(6), 523-534.
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine is happy to collaborate with Northwestern researchers. If you are looking for ways to incorporate complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) into your clinical research, please contact us.