- Mazzulli JR, Xu YH, Sun Y, Knight AL, McLean PJ, Caldwell GA, Sidransky E, Grabowski GA, Krainc D. Gaucher disease glucocerebrosidase and α-synuclein form a bidirectional pathogenic loop in synucleinopathies. Cell. 2011 Jul 8;146(1):37-52. PMID: 21700325
- Jeong H, Then F, Melia TJ Jr, Mazzulli JR, Cui L, Savas JN, Voisine C, Paganetti P, Tanese N, Hart AC, Yamamoto A, Krainc D. Acetylation targets mutant huntingtin to autophagosomes for degradation. Cell. 2009 Apr 3;137(1):60-72. PMID: 19345187
- Seibler P, Graziotto J, Jeong H, Simunovic F, Klein C, Krainc D. Mitochondrial Parkin recruitment is impaired in neurons derived from mutant PINK1 induced pluripotent stem cells. J Neurosci. 2011 Apr 20;31(16):5970-6. PMID: 21508222
The Center for Neurogenetics looks to examine the molecular basis of rare lysosomal diseases. We will use this research to better understand neurodegeneration, identify molecular targets, and develop therapies for both rare and common neurodegenerative diseases – including Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, Huntington’s disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS).
Learn more about us.
- Ken & Ruth Davee Department of Neurology
- Cognitive Neurology and Alzheimer's Disease Center
- Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center
- The Les Turner ALS Research and Patient Center at Northwestern Medicine
- Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science
- International Institute for Nanotechnology