Medical students at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine organize and maintain a number of Specialty Interest Groups (SIGs) to more fully expose their peers to specific areas in medicine. Through participation in these school-sponsored groups, which offer lectures, workshops, clinical experiences and mentoring, students can become more knowledgeable about a particular specialty to assist in career decisions.
Following is a list of our Specialty Interest Groups in the 2016-17 academic year.
- Anesthesiology Interest Group
- Cardiology Interest Group
- Catholic Medical Association
- Dermatology Interest Group
- Emergency Medicine Interest Group
- Family Medicine Interest Group
- Internal Medicine Society
- Keep Your Heart Healthy
- OB/GYN Interest Group
- Oncology Interest Group
- Ophthalmology Interest Group
- Orthopaedic Surgical Society
- Otolaryngology Interest Group
- Pathology Special Interest Group
- Pediatrics Interest Group
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Interest Group
- Radiation Oncology Society
- Radiology Society
- Sports Medicine Interest Group
- Student Interest Group in Neurology
- Urology Interest Group
Connect with Specialty Interest Groups
If you would like to know more about these specialty interest groups, contact Allison Matricaria.
Current Feinberg MD students can find student group contact information via the AWOME secured MD Student section. You’ll need your NetID and password to log in.