Health Career Exploration
Explorative tools for considering a career in medicine for students, advisors, teachers and parents.
- Exploring Health Careers (14 pages) An introduction for teachers, parents, and advisors.
- Considering a Career in Medicine? Comprehensive information from the Association of American Medical Colleges.
- Aspiring Docs.org A website for underrepresented students interested in medicine.
- Summer Enrichment Programs A searchable database of summer programs provided by the AAMC.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Programs A comprehensive list of offerings by state provided by the AAMC.
- Explore health careers from certificate and associate's degree level to doctoral and fellowship level.
- Association of American Indian Physicans student programs such as the National Native American Youth Initiative, Pre-Admission Workshops, and the Association of Native American Medical Students.
Considering Health Careers Reading List
- The Pact - see the author's website: Three Doctors Inc
- The Scalpel and the Silver Bear
- Mama Might Be Better Off Dead
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
- What I Learned In Medical School
- On Call: A Doctor's Days and Nights in Residency
- Complications: A Suregon's Notes on an Imperfect Science
- How Doctors Think
- How To Survive And Maybe Even Love Nursing School
- Unequal Treatment (PDF ) - the Institute of Medicine's Report on Health Disparities
This page last updated Sep 14, 2011