Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship
Courtney Hardy, MD
Director, Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship Program
The Anne and Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago pediatric anesthesia fellowship program administered through the Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center is one of the most competitive in the country. The ACGME accredited pediatric anesthesiology fellowship offered at Anne and Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital under the direction of Courtney Hardy MD, FAAP is an individually designed mixture of clinical, academic, and research experiences. The American Board of Anesthesiology has now approved board certification in pediatric anesthesiology and in the future, will require completion of an ACGME accredited pediatric anesthesiology fellowship for pediatric board-subcertification.
In June 2012, the Department moved into the Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital, a brand new, state of the art facility, located in downtown Chicago between Lake Michigan and Michigan Avenue. The Northwestern Pediatric Anesthesiology Fellowship accepts seven fellows each year and participates in the NRMP Pediatric Anesthesiology Match process.
Salary and Benefits
- The salary for the 2013-2014 training year is $61,131.
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- 2 weeks sick time set forth by Northwestern GME
- 1 week meeting time with program director approval
- $2000 education allowance with expenses approved by the program director
- Office space with computer
- Textbooks provided by the department: Cote's Pediatric Anesthesia and Andropoulos' Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia