The mission of the CARES Laboratory is to translate research on cancer rehabilitation into national and international standards of care for cancer survivors of all backgrounds.
|Breast Cancer Impairments Knowledge Survey (BRIKS) Study funded by the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research (PI: Flores)|
|Moving on Study - Pilot Test (MOST-PT) funded by the Lynn Sage Breast Cancer Research Foundation (PI: Flores)|
Graduate Student Research
- Catherine Rosenberg, PhD Candidate (Rutgers' University) is working on a novel computational method to measure volume for people with cancer-related lymphedema. The CARES lab is a participating site.
- Kelsey Keener, Scott Grumeretz, and Maria Fernanda Queveda are DPT students (Northwestern) working on a synthesis project focused on physical therapy concerns of those with head and neck cancer.
- Kimberly Ramirez and Angelica Whaley are DPT students (Northwestern) working on the lymphedema novel measurement project.
Contact the Lab
For more information on CARES Lab activities, please call (312) 503-5638.
- Amador Rosales, BS, Lab Coordinator
- Jasmine Benitez, BS, Research Assistant
- Nilesh Mukerjhi, Nequa Valley High School, Intern
- William J. Blot, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
- Andrea Cheville, MD, MCS, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Melissa Eden, DPT, PhD candidate, Mayo Clinic, Phoenix, AZ
- Angela Fought, MS, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Mary Lou Galantino, PT, PhD, Stockton University, Galloway, NJ
- Sofia Garcia, PhD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- William Gradishar, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Nora Hansen, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Maura Iversen, PT, PhD, Northwestern University, Boston, MA
- Sheetal Kircher, MD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Desmond Lun, PhD, Rutgers University, Camden, NJ
- Bonnie Martin-Harris, SLP, PhD, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Dinorah Martinez-Tyson, PhD, University of Southern Florida, Tampa Bay, FL
- Frank Penedo, PhD, University of Miami, Miami, FL
- Bryan Spinelli, DPT, PhD, Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA