- Daniel Rodriguez, Dean of Northwestern Pritzker School of Law, Harold Washington Professor
Causes, Costs, and Consequences (Video)
A moderated discussion on the impact of opioid use on the economy and the individual.
- Richard J. Miller,Alfred Newton Richards Professor of Pharmacology and Interdepartmental Neuroscience of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- William Evans,Keough Hesburgh Professor and Chair of the Department of Economics, Notre Dame
- MODERATOR: Craig Garthwaite,Northwestern University Kellogg School of Management, Associate Professor of Strategy
Addiction and Pain Management (Video)
A discussion of the balance between pain management (chronic and acute) and addiction.
- Gregory Teas, Psychiatrist,Alexian Brothers Behavioral Health Program
- Patrice A. Harris, Chair of the American Medical Association Board of Trustees
- Darlie Simerson, Nurse Practitioner at Loyola University Chicago Marcella Niehoff School of Nursing
- MODERATOR: Patrick Lank, Department of Emergency Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Zachary Fardon,US Attorney, Northern District of Illinois
- Introduction: Thomas F. Geraghty, Director of the Bluhm Legal Clinic, Associate Dean of Clinical Education, Class of 1967 James B. Haddad Professor of Law
Chicagoland Responds (Video)
Bringing together different Chicago-based speakers to discuss how the city and its different organizations are responding to the epidemic – and the issues they are facing.
- Stephen Patton, Chicago Corporation Counsel
- Julie Morita, Commissioner, Chicago Department of Public Health
- Michael Nerheim,Lake County States Attorney
- Dan Lustig,Vice-President of Clinical Services, Haymarket Center
- MODERATOR: Candice Player, Assistant Professor of Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Innovation in Policy and Practice (Video)
Innovative ways to address the epidemic – from changing how prescribing practices and pain management are taught and administered, to changing how communities respond to addiction.
- Dennis A. Wichern, Special Agent in Charge, Chicago Field Office, Drug Enforcement Agency
- Shana L. Margolis, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- David B Neely, Associate Professor in Medicine-General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
- Pamela F. Rodriguez, President & CEO, Treatment Alternatives for Safe Communities
- MODERATOR: Juliet Sorensen, Harry R. Horrow Professor in International Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Keynote Address (Video)
Dick Durbin, US Senator for Illinois
- Introduction: Michael Fagen, Associate Professor, Department of Preventive Medicine, Director of the MPH Program, Institute for Public Health and Medicine
- Closing: Juliet Sorensen, Harry R. Horrow Professor in International Law, Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law