FAME Recognition for Excellence in Teaching
We’re committed to recognizing and celebrating medical educators and acknowledging extraordinary work through the FAME Recognition for Excellence in Teaching. Since great teaching occurs in a wide array of settings, this award may recognize outstanding teachers from any Feinberg learning environment or affiliated teaching site.
Members of the Feinberg community may nominate any individual that they feel is an excellent teacher, including faculty, students, housestaff, nurses and staff.
Our nomination form is available year-round; award recipients will be announced on a rolling basis.
Previous Winners - Formerly "Outstanding Teacher Award"
Back to top
- Zachary Smith, MD, Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bijal V Jain, MD, Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics)
- Adam Weiner, MD, resident in the Department of Urology
- Andre Son, MD, Thoracic Surgery resident in the Department of Surgery
- Marcello Cherchi, MD, PhD, Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology - Ken and Ruth Davee Department
- Roberto Lopez-Rosado, DPT, Assistant Professor of Physical Therapy and Human Movement Sciences
- Alice T Lyon, MD, Director of Retina Service in the Department of Ophthalmology; Leonard and Bernice Lavin Endowed Ophthalmology Research Professor; Associate Professor of Ophthalmology
- June M McKoy, MD, JD, MBA, Associate Professor of Medicine (General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics) and Preventive Medicine
- Rukhsana G Mirza, MD, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology and Medical Education
- Matthew J Pirotte, MD, Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
- Roneil Malkani, MD, assistant professor of Sleep Medicine in the Ken & Ruth Davee Department of Neurology
- Adrienne Taylor, MD, resident in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Studies
- Monica E. Rho, MD, assistant professor of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Stuart Prenner, MD, Cardiology fellow in the Department of Medicine