The purpose of the Northwestern University Predoctoral Fellowship in Health Services and Outcomes Research is to help ensure that adequate numbers of highly trained individuals are available to carry out the nation's health services and outcomes research agenda in order to improve the quality and safety of healthcare, enhance access and healthcare equity and appraise the effectiveness of healthcare expenditures.
The fellowship is designed for PhD students who wish to focus their doctoral studies on health services and outcomes research in order to pursue a career focused on research, dissemination and translation of research findings and scholarly educational activities.
- Eligibility: Recently admitted or current HSIP PhD students
- Terms: One year with possibility of one-year renewal; supports tuition and stipend (at Chicago Campus level)
- Application Deadline: TBD
- Notification Date: TBD
- Required Materials:
- A personal statement that includes a description of a PhD dissertation project; contribution that will be made to health services and outcomes research (limit 500 words); and explanation of career goals (limit 250 words)
- Current version of a CV
- Contact information for two references