The role of the research administrator is dynamic and critical. Following are some of the major responsibilities of someone in that position.
- Proposal preparation and submission: work with investigators to plan, prepare, write and submit a proposal through the Office for Sponsored Research; complete all necessary institutional forms and uploads to submit a proposal
- Grants management and administration: support to staff and faculty on all administrative aspects of managing a sponsored project; assistance with progress reports, no-cost extensions, re-budgeting, program planning and communication with sponsors
- Financial management of sponsored projects: assist with salary distribution and effort reporting, direct charging sponsored projects, set up and management of recharge centers and more
- Final close-out of sponsored project: support activities related the final close of a sponsored project, including preparation of final technical report and final financial report and ensure that all requirements have been met
- Compliance management and auditing: ensure projects and activities compliance with federal, state and university guidelines for financial and regulatory management; establish compliance systems for staff and faculty
- Training and education: support and train those new to research administration; implement staff tools and templates
Contact Bethany Ekesa for more information on how the SPARC Central Team can support your research project.
Associate Director of Research Administration