Read about the the tireless faculty and researchers who turn donor support into care and discovery. They are thriving thanks to our generous philanthropic partners.
- On August 23, Robert Kalb, MD, was formally invested as the Les Turner Professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- On August 21, Sanjiv J. Shah, MD, was formally invested as the Neil J. Stone, MD Professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- On July 25, C. David James, PhD, was formally invested as the Jean Malnati Miller Professor of Brain Tumor Research at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
- On June 21, Jayesh Mehta, MD, and Seema Singhal, MD, were invested as the Chez Family Professors of Myeloma Research during a formal ceremony at the Ritz-Carlton Chicago.
- On April 17, Leena Sharma, MD, was invested as the Chang-Lee Professor of Preventive Rheumatology at Feinberg during a formal ceremony at The Ritz-Carlton, Chicago.
All People Stories
- May 2018The Michael F. Schafer, MD, Fund, created to honor alumnus Dr. Schafer and recognize his innumerable contributions as chair of Orthopaedic Surgery for more than 30 years, surpassed its endowment goal of $500,000 thanks to the generosity and participation of current and former trainees, patients, and friends of the department.
- Jan 2018On January 17, Jennifer D. Wu, PhD, was invested as the Mary and Patrick Scanlan Professor during a formal ceremony at the Four Seasons Chicago.
- Dec 2017On November 2, nearly 100 Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine faculty came together to be honored for their generosity to the medical school. Representing nearly 60 departments, each of the evening’s guests has made a gift to the Faculty Campaign, a part of We Will. The Campaign for Northwestern Medicine, since the campaign’s launch in September 2014.
- Dec 2017On October 12, Peter Penzes, PhD, was formally invested as the Ruth and Evelyn Dunbar Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.