Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine partners with individuals and organizations that have values and passions similar to our own. These stories showcase Feinberg’s work with these people.
- Samara Taher, ’06 MD, and her husband Ajay David recently made a generous commitment to launch a research fund that will contribute to understanding and preventing preeclampsia while honoring the memory of their baby daughter Dessa, who was born in January 2018 and passed away in February 2018.
- On December 14, board members of The H Foundation presented Dr. Leonidas C. Platanias with a check to support and accelerate basic cancer research at the Lurie Cancer Center.
- Founded in 1958, the Northwestern University Prosthetics-Orthotics Center (NUPOC), a center within the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, was created to advance the quality of life for persons who use prostheses (artificial limbs) and orthoses (braces/splints).
- On September 6, members of The Lynn Sage Foundation gathered on the Feinberg campus to celebrate another year of high-impact support for cancer research at the Lurie Cancer Center.
- Recently, our team at Feinberg had the opportunity to visit with Irene Pritzker, co-founder, president, and chief executive officer the IDP Foundation, Inc., to learn more about her history of generous philanthropy across Northwestern Medicine.
All Partners Stories
- May 2018On May 4, members of the George M. Eisenberg Foundation for Charities gathered with Feinberg leadership to celebrate the naming of the George M. Eisenberg Gallery.
- Mar 2018The Les Turner ALS Foundation, a 30+ year philanthropic partner of Feinberg, held its annual “Hope Through Caring” Gala on February 24 at the Loews Hotel.
- JanAnn Suker Potter ’82 and Stephen N. Potter, ’82 MBA, have been supporting areas across Northwestern since the mid-1980s, when they made their first gift of $150 to support scholarships. In January 2017, the couple documented a $1 million bequest to benefit the Jacob R. Suker, MD, Professorship in Medical Education at Feinberg.