Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine

Office of Finance and Administration

Supplemental Payments

See the Hiring Decision Tree for more information on how to pay someone for additional or supplemental work or service. All supplemental payments must be fully approved before the service occurs.

Additional Pay

Additional Pay is used to provide additional supplemental payment to individuals that are currently active, paid employees. Additional Pays are entered online in myHR.

For more information regarding online additional pays, all school-wide updates, approval routing, including the new staff routing and approval, please see Additional Pay Process.  

Access to the additional pay panel in myHR can be obtained by submitting an HR Systems General Access Request Form and attending the required training.

The Additional Pay Request form for Summer Salary is used to request summer research wages for faculty. Summer Salary may represent up to 3/9 of the faculty members annual salary, and is paid out when the effort is performed. It is calculated in myHR as flat amounts. Therefore, any change in the monthly salary an additional sequence number and line must be noted.

Special Pay

The Special Pay Request Form is used to provide specific, pre-approved payments to individuals who are not currently paid employees.

Personal Data Form must be included if the individual does not have an EmplID, or if the individual's address has changed since the last payment.

ACA toggled appointments are to be used when the nature of service does not fall into one of the approved special pay categories and the person has an unpaid, active appointment (Contributed Services, Adjunct, etc.).