Entering Funding Updates
For instructions on how to update funding in myHR please see the Deployed Funding Guide.
For instructions on how to change funding within 90 days in myHR and complete a journal entry, please see Changing Funding Retroactively with Journal Entry.
Entering Over 90 Day Journals
Effective January 2, 2019, retroactive salary transfers between
FSM requires the following documents to be attached to over 90 day journals entered in myHR:
- Signed 90 Day Justification Memo
- Journal Entry Salary Template
- Certified Effort Report, if applicable and available
For more information, see Online Over 90 Day Journals.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Journals still need to be processed on paper if they are:
- Over 12 months old from the start date of the journal
- A transfer between a payroll and a scholarship/stipend account
- Over 90 day journals for temp employees
- 90 day memos involving sponsored projects will require signature(s), wet or electronic, from the PI(s)
- School level approvals on the 90 day memo and journal entry are applied via the electronic approval workflow
- For guidance on completing the 90 day memo, see 90 Day Dos and Don'ts from the Office of Cost Studies
- For more information see myHR's Job Aid for Entering Payroll Journals and the process update announcement from Human Resources.
Forms and Templates
- 90 Day Justification Memo - Fillable PDF
- Monthly - This template should be used to process journals for exempt individuals
- Monthly Mega Sized - This template should be used to process journals for monthly individuals that have an extensive funding distribution (over 12 accounts)
- Biweekly FY19 - For biweekly non-exempt employees, FY19
- Biweekly FY18 - For biweekly non-exempt employees, FY18
- Biweekly FY17 - For biweekly non-exempt employees, FY17
SDA for 9-month Medical Faculty
The SDA form is used for percentages of sponsored project activities over 75% for a