NUPlans is specialized budget and planning software that connects with NUFinancials.
Northwestern has two NUPlans systems: Annual Budgeting and Forecasting.
NUPlans Annual Budgeting is used between April and July to prepare operating budgets for the upcoming fiscal year. NUPlans Annual Budgeting includes:
- Support for detailed employee salary budgeting, including budgeting for new employees and vacant positions
- Detailed revenue and expense account-level budgeting for each chart string
- Budgeting of the use or buildup of carry-forward balances
- Planning and projecting for grant expenses
- Built-in workflow for budget review and approval
- Special Budget Requests (SBRs), budget checklist, and NUPlans security access request are housed with Sharepoint.
Budgets prepared in NUPlans are imported to NUFinancials in July and the data in NUPlans becomes read-only at that time.
Access NUPlans Annual Budgeting through:
- NUPlans Contributor for detailed budget input
- NUPlans Web for reports, budgeting commitments, and budgeting chart string maintenance
Login links for NUPlans Contributor and NUPlans Web can be found in the System Logins section of the NUPortal.
FY20 Budget Resources
- FY20 Budget Kick-Off Presentation - Departments & Centers
- FY20 Budget Kick-Off Presentation - Administrative Units
- FSM Transfer Code Mapping - Revised 4/25/19
- Special Budget Requests (SBRs), budget checklist, and NUPlans security access requests are housed with SharePoint.
ForecastingNUPlans Forecasting is used throughout the year to develop fiscal-year based forecasts. It provides support for multi-level forecasting at the account, chart string, and/or all-funds levels. Data is imported monthly from NUFinancials, and additional modules support grant, salary, and tuition forecasting.
NUPlans Forecasting can be accessed by logging into NUPlans Web in the System Logins section of the NUPortal.