Record Candidate Decision
The content on this page applies to the following career tracks:
- Team Scientists
Back to top
Accepted OffersSigned acceptance of the offer letter must be uploaded to the business plan
- Upload the offer letter containing the candidate's signed acceptance to the business plan
- Tag it with the document type "Offer: Acceptance Letter from Candidate."
- Do not delete any prior versions of the offer or other documents that were uploaded earlier as part of the review process.
- Notify the Faculty Affairs Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that the candidate has accepted the offer and the business plan status will be updated. If the candidate will be employed by NMG, also notify email@example.com. This notification triggers NMG to prepare the Employment Agreement. Contact NMG if you have questions about their process.
Declined OffersFollow these steps when a candidate declines an offer
- Notify FAO by email that the candidate has declined the offer (provide candidate's name and business plan FAO#)
- FAO will record the offer as declined in the business plan database
- The business plan will revert to "pre-search approved" status, meaning the search number remains open and you may extend an offer to another candidate by repeating the offer approval process. (Note: Declined offer-waivers do not revert to "pre-search approved" status since there was no approved search number originally.)
CounteroffersFollow these steps to revise an approved offer
- Notify FAO by email that you need to revise an offer (provide candidate's name and FAO#)
- FAO will record the original offer as declined
- Follow the Counteroffer Checklist to submit a revised business plan and offer letter for review and approval