Theresa A Laguna, MD, MS
Chief of Pulmonary Medicine in the Department of Pediatrics
Associate Professor of Pediatrics (Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine)
Focus of Work
I received my MD from UCSF. I completed my Pediatric Residency and Chief Residency at the University of Washington, Seattle. I completed my Pediatric Pulmonology Fellowship at the University of Colorado and received a Master's Degree in Clinical Science. After spending 10 years at the University of Minnesota, I moved to Chicago to join Lurie Children's.
I have built a clinical and translational research career in early lung disease in cystic fibrosis (CF). My current NIH RO1 and CFF funded work focuses on early infections in the CF airway and the role of anaerobic communities in the development of lung disease.
Cystic fibrosis, asthma, interstitial lung disease, and complex children.
Education and Certification
- MD: University Of California-San Francisco (1999)
- MS: University of Colorado, Clinical Science (2008)
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center, Pediatrics (2002)
- Residency: University of Washington Medical Center, Chief Medical Resident (2003)
- Fellowship: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Pediatrics Pulmonology (2007)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: University of Colorado, Pediatrics Pulmonology (2007)
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box Box 43
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611