Financial Aid and Academic Support
Cynthia Gonzalez - Senior Director of Financial Aid (for MD Program)
- Can help with aid for unexpected expenses, provides students with information necessary to make educated decisions concerning financial aid.
Emily Osborn - Director of Financial Aid, Chicago Campus
- Can help with all things financial aid.
Josh Hopps, PhD - Director of Academic Success (for MD Program)
- A contact for student wellness. Can help with study advice/resources.
Janet Olivo - Director of Diversity, Inclusion and Outreach
- Can help with advocacy and outreach regarding socio-economic inclusion.
- Financial wellness program that helps make students proactive about money to help alleviate financial stressors.
- Note: group sessions are open for anyone, but one-on-one sessions with Ms. Gonzalez are reserved for MD students.
- Group for first generation medical students to learn more about professional development, financial resources, imposter syndrome, and more.
- Mission statement: “A safe and supportive community where first-generation medical students can build a supportive network of peers, mentors, and resources to navigate the unique demands of being the first member in their family to attend medical school in the United States.”
- Contact: Natasha Nichols, MD, Internal Medicine Clerkship Director, Feinberg School of Medicine
Galter Study Resources (VPN required)
- PA/Med Student Resources Guide (includes boardVitals practice questions, USMLE Step 1 Board Review Book, and a number of other free study resources)
- Anatomy: Acland's Video Atlas of Anatomy
- Patient Assessment: Bates Visual Guide to the Clinical Observation
- Wildcard Discounts - NU’s list of various vendors that offer a discount with your Wildcard ID
- 10 Free & Cheap Things to do in Chicago (Winter)
- Happy Hours
- Hair Cuts: Salon Apprentice
- A website where people who have graduated from beauty school are now working in high-end salons as assistants (like a resident working with an attending) - can get cheap/free haircuts!