Feinberg asserts that racism is a public health crisis.
We declare that racism will not be tolerated at Feinberg. We will be especially diligent in addressing anti-Black racism on this campus. Following are resources, statements and other tools for our medical school community members.
Statements in Solidarity
Read the statements of organizations and leadership across Feinberg and Northwestern University.
- Feinberg School of Medicine Augusta Webster Office of Medical Education (AWOME), Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI), and MD Admissions: Our Commitment To Be A Part Of The Solution
- Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) Director's Message: Standing Together in Support of the Black community
- Northwestern University Leadership: A Joint Letter Supporting Black Members of Our Campus Community
- Feinberg School of Medicine Student Senate: A Statement Condemning Racism and Police Brutality
- Feinberg School of Medicine Center for Health Equity Transformation: Anti-Racism Updates and Resources
- Northwestern University Student National Medical Association (SNMA): A Response to the Murder of George Floyd
- Northwestern University Feinberg Muslim Student Association (MSA): Statement on Racism and Police Brutality
- Northwestern University Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA): Statement Condemning Police Brutality and Racism
- Northwestern University Association of Native American Medical Students (ANAMS): Statement of Solidarity Concerning Racism and Police Brutality
- Northwestern University Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (APAMSA): Statement Concerning Racism and Police Brutality
Following is a list of resources compiled by the Office of Diversity & Inclusion. We encourage community members to use these resources to better understand the issues we face.