Academic/corporate collaborations allow both partners to be involved in all aspects of the research life cycle, from basic discoveries to bringing a solution to market. In Corporate Relations at Feinberg, Jeff Masters works with companies to thoroughly understand their research goals, and matches them to those of the appropriate faculty members or work here at Northwestern. Our service offers a single point of contact with both a comprehensive knowledge of the work being done at the medical school and industry experience that knows what it takes for companies to move forward.
Successful corporate partnerships with Feinberg may include:
- Clinical trials
- Translational research
- Big Data Analytics (including the Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse)
- Leveraging Feinberg’s basic science research capacity for new target identification and validation in addition to pathway analysis
- Co-localization of industry scientists in Feinberg’s campus laboratories
- Licensing of intellectual property by faculty
- Healthcare delivery improvements
Sponsoring research, as well as the faculty and students who conduct it, allows corporations to leverage the innovative thinking of Feinberg's academic environment to reach their vision, as well as to be an active partner in research through the entire lifecycle of the project. From bench to market, you are connected to the work, talent, and technology that make discovery possible. Contact us for more information about sponsoring research.
Additional University Resources
- Core Facilities: Many of our core facilities, instruments, and services are publically available.
- Continuing Medical Education: Our CME Office offers accredited education activities based on up-to-date, clinically relevant, scientifically rigorous, evidence-based medical information.
- INVO: The Innovation and New Ventures Office (INVO) manages Northwestern University's invention disclosure, assessment, patenting, and new start-up company licensing.
- NUCATS: Our clinical and translational research enterprise NUCATS seeks to accelerate translational innovation by providing research teams with consultative resources and expertise, including the Northwestern Medicine Enterprise Data Warehouse, industry professionals-specific education and resources and the Center for Data Science and Informatics.
- Faculty Profiles: Search for faculty with research interests that align with your organization.
- Strategic Philanthropy: Ensure sustained leadership and talent in biomedical areas that impact your business via an investment.
For more information about how your company can benefit from Feinberg’s Corporate Relations services, contact Jeff Masters.
Jeff Masters, Ph.D.
Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships & Business Development
Terry Nakagawa, Ph.D.
Director, Corporate Partnerships & Business Development
Private foundations looking to engage Feinberg researchers may contact Michelle Melin-Rogovin.
Senior Associate Director, Foundation Relations