To provide grant management support to investigators conducting transplant-related research in the areas of basic and translational science, clinical trials, and health outcomes.
- The Grants Management Core is responsible for all aspects of the pre-award and post-award research administration of sponsored programs, research grants and contracts, and clinical trial agreements in the CTC.
- The Grants Management Core of the CTC works closely with the Office for Sponsored Research (OSR) to facilitate research at Northwestern University by efficiently and effectively identifying funding sources, assisting in proposal development, budget preparation, reviewing and endorsing proposals, negotiating agreements, accepting and appropriating awards, interpreting grant guidelines and promoting compliance with sponsor and University policies.
- The Grants Management Core of the CTC works with the Office of Accounting Services for Research and Sponsored Programs (ASRSP) to monitor financial management and reporting related to grant awards.
- The Core assists faculty investigators with numerous funding opportunities from various resources including: federal agencies, other academic institutions, local and national charitable foundations, as well as pharmaceutical companies.
- The Core coordinates with the Office for Sponsored Research (OSR) to utilize the grant proposal development and tracking system, InfoEd, for submission of all grant proposals. Introduced in 2011, the InfoEd Proposal Development module (PD) is designed to provide users with an intuitive, browser-based interface that will reduce the effort related to the creation, review, and submission of applications for grants and contracts.
Starting a Project
To discuss submitting transplant specific grant applications using the staff of the Grants Management Core of the Comprehensive Transplant Center, please contact:
Senior Research Administrator
Grants Management Core Brochure
To read additional information about this core download the brochure.