Pregnancy, athletics, osteoporosis, or breast surgery may lead to musculoskeletal conditions that can cause pain or weakness at any time throughout a woman's life. Associated functional impairments can limit a woman's mobility and social interactions.
Women's Health Rehabilitation program offers innovative treatments and therapies, helping women regain their inner strength and once again enjoy active, satisfying lives. All of the physiatrists and physical therapists in the Women's Health Rehabilitation program have advanced training in women's health rehabilitation.
Physiatrists along with physical therapists then create a custom treatment plan designed to strengthen supporting muscles, improve musculoskeletal function and restore the ability to perform activities of daily living and leisure.
- Pelvic pain and dysfunction
- Pelvic weakness and incontinence
- Pregnancy and postpartum-related needs
- Post-surgical abdominal and pelvic pain
- Chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia, interstitial cystitis and vulvodynia
- Lymphedema, breast surgery and mastectomyrelated conditions
- Conditions specific to the female athlete