GRE (Graduate Record Examination)
Official GRE scores are required of all applicants, regardless of previous education, degrees, or other credentials.
Other standardized tests (MCAT, GMAT, etc.) are not accepted in place of GRE scores.
- Note: Re-applicants should check their CASPA profile to see if a previous GRE score submission has carried over to the new cycle.
- Submit official GRE scores during the application cycle for which you are applying.
If intending to enroll for June 2018, wait to send GRE scores until the corresponding CASPA application cycle opens.
- The Northwestern University Physician Assistant Program's Institution Code is 4879. GRE score reports will be sent directly to CASPA, so refer to your CASPA profile to ensure scores have been received. Official score reports sent to other school codes will not appear for your Northwestern University designtation and your application will not be complete.
- Do not list a Department Code when submitting official GRE scores.
- Ensure your name and birth date appear exactly the same between the GRE score report and CASPA application.
- Official GRE scores must be submitted and received by CASPA by the October 1 application deadline.
Applicants should plan for a minimum of two weeks between the test and the date scores are received by CASPA.
- There is no minimum GRE score requirement. Competitive applicants will score in the 50th Percentile or higher on each section of the exam. For applicants with multiple valid test score submissions, the Northwestern University Physician Assistant Program will use the highest score in each section between test dates.
- Additional information about the GRE
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Official TOEFL scores are required of all applicants that have not earned a baccalaureate degree or graduate degree from a regionally-accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university, regardless of the official language of the country in which the education took place or the predominent language of the degree-granting institution. Minimum scores are listed below.
- Official and valid TOEFL scores must be submitted and received by the October 1 application deadline.
PDF score report copies received at the time of testing or in the mail are not considered an official score report.
- The Northwestern University Physician Assistant Program's Institution Code is 4888.
- TOEFL scores are valid for 2 years prior to your intended June enrollment.
(e.g. on or after June 1, 2015 for June 2017 enrollment)
- Additional information about the TOEFL
- Additional information for International applicants
|TOEFL test options||Total||Listening||Reading||Writing||Speaking|