- Once completed and verified by CASPA, an e-mail notification will be sent from the Northwestern University PA Program acknowledging receipt of your completed application.
- Completed applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis in a rolling admissions process.
- Applicants are holistically evaluated on the basis of their individual merits.
- Admission decisions are based on the following criteria: academic record, GRE score, health care experience, PA shadowing, personal references, written personal statement, supplemental application essay answers, additional personal experiences, and on-campus interview performance.
Application updates are accepted until November 15:
- Updates or modifications to patient care and other experiences are welcome. Patient care updates should only reflect new positions, changes in level of responsibility, and changes in hours worked per week. To access the update request form contact email@example.com.
- Official transcripts reflecting newly completed prerequisite coursework can be sent directly to the Northwestern University PA Program at this mailing address. This is not required, but is recommended.
Official hard-copy or electronic transcripts are accepted.
- Newly scheduled courses and received grades can be listed on CASPA via the Academic Update feature.
- Select applicants will be invited to interviews, which begin in the fall of each year.
- Interview invitations will be made through an e-mail communication.
- Interviews are conducted at the Northwestern University PA Program suite on the Northwestern University Chicago Campus.
Offers of Admission
- Offers of admission will be made to selected applicants after their interview, and may precede the application deadline.
- Upon receiving an offer of admission, applicants must submit a non-refundable deposit in order to secure their seat. This deposit must be received within 10 calendar days from the date of the offer letter.
- Upon acceptance of an admission offer, applicants will be subject to a criminal background check. Should the background check yield any criminal information, the offer of admission may be revoked.
- Admitted applicants must fulfill the Technical Standards.
- Acceptance into the Northwestern University PA Program and successful completion of the program does not imply or guarantee that the student will be able to obtain state licensure upon graduation.