Improving access to care and IVF safety has been a focus of Dr. Robins' research. Dr. Bulun and his team developed a unique protocol to retrieve immature eggs from the ovaries, mature them in the laboratory, fertilize the matured eggs and transfer embryos to the patient's uterus. His protocol results in a pregnancy rate nearly equal to traditional IVF. Because it uses minimal amounts of medications, this protocol significantly decreases the cost of IVF while reducing the risk of complications. This research protocol advances the initial research by broadening the patient base and determining whether the use this protocol is valuable in a low resource population.
- Krotz SP, Robins JC, Ferruccio TM, Moore R, Steinhoff MM, Morgan JR, Carson S. In vitro maturation of oocytes via the pre-fabricated self-assembled artificial human ovary. J Assist Reprod Genet. 2010 Dec;27(12):743-50.
- Robins JC, Marsit CJ, Padbury JF, Sharma SS. Endocrine disruptors, environmental oxygen, epigenetics and pregnancy. Front Biosci, 2011 Jan 3:690-700.
- Robins JC, Morgan JR, Krueger P, Carson SA. Bioengineering anembryonic human trophoblast vesicles. Reprod Sci. 2011 Feb;18(2):128-35.
- Blazer AS, Lambert-Messerlian G, Hackett R, Krotz S, Carson SA, Robins JC. Use of in cycle antimullerian hormone levels to predict cycle outcome. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2011 May (epub)
- Blazar AS, Carson SA, Robins JC. Predicting ovarian aging: anti-Mullerian hormone. Hum Reprod. 2012 Nov;27(11):3361-2.
- Vitek WS, Witmyer J, Carson SA, Robins JC.Estrogen-suppressed in vitro maturation: a novel approach to in vitro maturation. Fertil Steril. 2013 Mar 18 (epub ahead of press)
- Vitek W, Robins JC. In vitro maturation. The Obstetrician Gynecologist Volume 15, Issue 4, pages 215219, October 2013
- Steinberg ML, Robins JC. Cellular Models of Trophoblast Differentiation. Semin Reprod Med. 2016 Jan [Epub ahead of print]
- Underhill LA, Robins JC. Trophoblast Development in the Murine Preimplantation Embryo. Semin Reprod Med.2016 Jan 12. [Epub ahead of print]
- Mandelberger AH, Robins JC, Buster JE, Strohsnitter WC, Plante BJ. Preconception counseling: do patients learn about genetics from their obstetrician gynecologists? J Assist Reprod Genet. 2015 Jul;32(7):1145-9.
Jared C. Robins, MD
Division Chief & Associate Professor in Obstetrics and Gynecology - Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
Contact Dr. Robins at firstname.lastname@example.org