Global emergency medicine (GEM) initiatives focus on the health of individuals and populations in emergent and dynamic environments. Collaborations focus on inter and intra-university partnerships through research, educational efforts and the support of organizations providing health and services in emergency settings. The Department engages in global health activities in and the practice of international emergency healthcare through collaborations with the Center for Global Health, Northwestern Non-Profit and Humanitarian Logistics groups and other academic organizations around the world.
Learn more about research, educational and the personal experiences of faculty, residents and staff via the links below.
- What is Global Emergency Medicine?
Learn more about this practice of medicine
- Global EM Blog
Visit our blog dedicated to first-hand GEM doctor accounts
- Humanitarian and Global EM Educational Opportunities
Find information on learning opportunities at Northwestern University and beyond
- Humanitarian Assistance
Learn about training courses, research projects, and crisis mapping
- Residency and Faculty Projects
Discover shared global experiences from faculty, residents, and staff
- Upcoming Global Emergency Medicine Conferences
Connect to the broader community with this list of upcoming events
- News and Announcements
Get news related to the GEM initiative at Feinberg
Learn about upcoming events, presentations and seminars on global health and emergency medicine topics
- Global Emergency Medicine Publications
Discover our published research
For more information about this initiative, contact Global Emergency Medicine Director Jennifer Chan, MD, MPH, at 312-694-7000.
No events scheduled
- Global Health- A perspective from an EM Colleague in Chicago - Mon, 30 Nov 2015
- A Better Understanding of Humanitarian Aid - Tue, 22 Sep 2015
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic- Stories from an EM physician & Recent Publications - Thu, 09 Oct 2014
- Feinberg Global Health Day gathers panel to discuss Ebola outbreak - Wed, 24 Sep 2014