Welcome to the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine Basic Science Administration (BSA) site. We hope you, as faculty and staff within the Feinberg basic science departments and associated centers, use this site to easily find and obtain administrative services.
BSA is committed to providing the administrative assistance required by our departments and centers in a timely manner. Coordinating resources and communicating frequently with leadership allows us to better plan and respond as needs arise.
Our team is organized into five functional areas with oversight over specific areas of administrative support:
- Communication and Outreach: internal and external communication efforts, departmental web sites and listservs, outreach events, tools and resources
- Facilities: facilities requests, lab services (glass washing & autoclave sterilization), departmental space reporting and lab renovation
- Financial Administration: procurement, expense reports, budget preparation, financial management, and financial reporting and projections
- Professional Affairs: chair administrative support, departmental seminars, employee relations, expense reports, faculty affairs, graduate student administration, human resources, payroll, procurement, recharge center finances, and visa applications
- Research Administration: pre- and post-award administration including approvals of procurement and expense reports, proposal development, award setup and management, budget preparation, compliance, effort reporting, financial management, and financial reporting and projections
Our team is committed to your continued success. We are happy to work with your area on your specific needs. Please feel free to contact us to learn more about our team’s goals.
Matt Temkin, MPA
Executive Department Administrator
Basic Science Administration