The Department of Anesthesiology provides several benefits to residents in addition to the competitive salary and benefits provided by McGaw Medical Center.
Residents on the sideline of the Northwestern Football game
Benefits provided by the Department of Anesthesiology
- $2,550 Education Fund
• $475 iPad Wi-Fi 128GB with 3 years AppleCare+ or a tablet/laptop of resident's choice
• $525 for other educational expenses such as books
• $1,550 to take the written ABA Boards
- earn $75/hour for working in the OR after 5:00 p.m.
- earn $750 for Sunday OR Call shifts
- earn $1000-1400 per weekend OB Call shifts
- Paid airfare, lodging, meals, and the registration fee for residents attending the Midwestern Anesthesiology Residents’ Conference (MARC)
- Paid airfare, lodging, meals, and the registration fee when residents present their abstract at a national meeting
- Membership to the International Anesthesia Research Society (IARS):
• iPad and Online subscription to Anesthesia & Analgesia, the most widely used clinical anesthesiology journal, including access to the complete archive
• Access to all the learning tools of OpenAnesthesia: our wiki format graduate medical education website featuring important tools such as "A&A Article of the Month," "Ask The Experts" podcast interviews, "Review Question of the Week," "Intraoperative TEE Case of the Month," and anesthesiology keyword definitions
- Membership to the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) and subscription to Anesthesiology
- monthly luncheons for residents
- breakfast or lunch for daily didactics
- $12 meal card for every overnight call
Additional Resources: Housestaff Manual and Housing
- McGaw Housestaff Benefits (McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University)
Access the to review benefits available to all residents at Northwestern Medicine
- Housing- Check out the many external resources on the Student Housing section of the Augusta Webster, MD, Office of Medical Education website; the Off-Campus Life housing section of the Northwestern University Division of Student Affairs has additional resources to assist you with your housing search.
MedResidences is the only housing locator service created specifically for medical professionals. We help medical professionals make informed housing choices in order to find their ideal home and the best value for their money, whether they are looking to rent(long or short-term), buy, sell, invest, or sublet. Check out the brochure and neighborhood guide.