The Biostatistics Core Facility serves the needs of the cancer researchers within the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center. In particular, members of the Biostatistics Core Facility provide expertise in matters of design, power analysis, statistical analysis, and presentation of outcomes in clinical trials. The Biostatistics Core Facility's mission is to provide state of the art biostatistical support to the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center and its affiliates.
- Prepare grant applications - review objectives, determine sample size, specify analysis plan;
- Provide expertise on the collection, organization and analysis of large amounts of genetic, proteomic and other biological data;
- Conduct statistical analyses using the appropriate computation and graphical software;
- Provide / coordinate database management with the Bioinformatics Core Facility if necessary;
- Provide statistical support to Cancer Center members for developmental projects;
- Provide small amounts of statistical support to Cancer Center members as needed;
- Participate in the Cancer Center's educational programs as needed.
All manuscripts and grants presenting work supported by this core should include the following acknowledgement:
"This work was supported by the Northwestern University Cancer Biostatistics Core and a Cancer Center Support Grant (NCI CA060553)."