- Sep 17, 2014Feinberg Professor Mark Hersam Named MacArthur Fellow
Mark C. Hersam, PhD, a Northwestern University materials engineer and Feinberg School of Medicine professor has been named a 2014 MacArthur Fellow.
- Sep 16, 2014First Blood Test to Diagnose Depression in Adults
Northwestern Medicine scientists developed the first blood test to diagnose major depression in adults and to predict who will benefit from cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Sep 16, 2014Feinberg Faculty Review NIH Grant Applications
Dane Chetkovich, MD, PhD, and Brian Mustanski, PhD, are the latest of many faculty members who are members of National Institutes of Health (NIH) study sections, through which they peer review NIH research grant applications.
- Sep 15, 2014Residents Give Advice to Medical Students at First Annual Career Fair
Medical students discussed choosing specialties with residents and faculty members during a panel and career fair.
- Sep 15, 2014Pathway Found for Treating Fatal Lung Disease
Northwestern Medicine scientists identified genes correlated with the progression and severity of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Sep 12, 2014New Insights for Therapeutic Intervention in Melanoma
Mary J.C. Hendrix, PhD, revealed a variance in signaling pathways in embryonic stem cells and metastatic melanoma cells that may impact new therapeutic strategies in cancer.
- Sep 12, 2014Stress Increases Women's Chance of Cardiovascular Disease
A study analyzed data from 82,000 women to see how stressful life events and social strain affect future development of coronary heart disease and stroke.
- Sep 11, 2014Faculty Experts Discuss Ebola Virus During Global Health Day
A panel of Northwestern Medicine experts focused on the current Ebola outbreak during Global Health Day 2014 on September 10.
- Sep 10, 2014Third Annual Driskill Day Honors Graduate Students
Students, faculty and alumni attended the Third Annual Driskill Day to celebrate the Walter S. and Lucienne Driskill Graduate Training Program in Life Sciences.