Students who are applying as visiting students from a Global Partner institution need to meet the following requirements:
- Must be a medical student enrolled in one of our Global Partner universities.
- Must receive prior approval from their school’s academic office.
- Must be in good standing at their medical school.
- Must have completed at least one year of in-hospital clinical training and have completed all core clerkships in internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics and surgery.
- Must be pursuing a medical degree.
- Must rotate before they graduate from medical school.
These forms are for students who are applying as Global Partner applicants for the Visiting Student Program. Please check the Global Partner Institutions list below and the eligibility requirements before completing this application.
Global Partner Institutions
Northwestern’s Global Partner institutions are:
- Stellenbosch University - Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Makerere University - Kampala, Uganda
- University of Jos - Jos, Nigeria
- University of Ibadan - Ibadan, Nigeria
- Université Cheikh Anta Diop de Dakar - Dakar, Senegal
- Université de Bamako - Bamako, Mali
- Peking University - Beijing, China
- Keio University - Tokyo, Japan
- Tel Aviv University - Tel Aviv, Israel
- Universidad Panamericana - Mexico City, Mexico
- Université de Strasbourg (Université Louis Pasteur) - Strasbourg, France
- Charité-Universitätsmedizinin - Berlin, Germany
- Karolinska Institutet - Stockholm, Sweden
- Royal College of Surgeons - Dublin, Ireland
- Trinity College Dublin - Dublin, Ireland
If a student from one of these universities meets all of the requirements and has received approval from their school’s academic office, they must submit the following forms:
- Global Partner Application: A complete scan of your application document is required at least six to seven months in advance of your desired start date.
- Universal Precautions Quiz: To fulfill line 3 on page 2 of the application, all students must complete this training in Universal Precautions.
Once you've been accepted, visit the checklist page for additional forms and next steps.