Our graduates will demonstrate proficiency in the clinical skills and knowledge necessary to enter postgraduate medical education. They will apply their skills, knowledge and clinical evidence with attention to patients’ perspectives, needs, values and comfort.
- Elicit complete medical histories using questions appropriate for the patient’s presenting concerns.
- Perform both comprehensive and focused physical exams with sensitivity to patient comfort. Select techniques appropriate to the complexity and acuity of the patient.
- Display clinical reasoning skills regarding a patient case verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in performing select clinical procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency in navigating the electronic health record to obtain and document information needed for patient care.
- Demonstrate the ability to counsel and educate patients and their families about health conditions and disease prevention.