- What is the best way to contact the registrar?
The registrar is located in the Office of Medical Education, Ward 1-003. The registrar makes every attempt to maintain an open-door policy. For your convenience, questions and concerns may be emailed to the registrar. The registrar may also be reached by phone at 312-503-0974 or fax at 312-503-0715.
- How do I request a transcript?
For an official/unofficial transcript, you may use the online service request form. Official transcripts bear a seal and a signature of authenticity. Unofficial transcripts do not. The release of transcripts requires your signature (original or electronic). These requests can be submitted electronically only if an electronic signature is used. All other requests must be faxed, mailed or personally submitted to the address listed on the form. Transcript requests should be processed within three business days of receipt.
- What do I do if I am summoned for jury duty?
On occasion, medical students will receive summons to serve as jurors either locally or from their home jurisdiction. If you feel you are unable to fulfill this civic obligation due to enrollment in a class or clerkship, please complete the service request form and attach the summons.
- How do I get a letter of good standing?
You may fill out the online service request form. These letters are produced within three business days of your request. They may be picked up in the Office of Medical Education or they may be sent out to designated addresses.
- How do I officially change my name?
Submit a written request. The registrar must make copies of your original documents. The registrar will process the name change across the University records systems.
- How do I sign up for non-medical school classes at Northwestern University?
Contact the medical school registrar, who will provide a dual registration form for you to complete. The registrar has a schedule of available Kellogg classes. Please refer to the SPS website for course offerings and availability.
- Where can I get my USMLE application certified?
- Complete your portion of the USMLE form.
- Attach a picture of yourself and submit it to the registrar along with the USMLE form.
- Unless otherwise specified, the form will be completed and mailed to the USMLE within three business days of receipt.
- How do I change my third-year clerkship schedule?
Contact the medical school registrar if you are interested in changing the time or location of a third-year clerkship rotation. The registrar maintains a waiting list and will notify you as to availability.
- Where can I view my schedule, grades and narrative evaluations?
- Where can I complete the online evaluation of my required clerkships?
- How do I change my third-year clerkship schedule?Contact the medical school registrar if you are interested in changing the time or location of a third-year clerkship rotation. The registrar maintains a waiting list and will notify you as to availability.
- I am applying for an externship and need the registrar to complete a portion of my form.Complete the service request form. Note whether an accompanying letter of good standing and/or verification of malpractice insurance is necessary. Mark appropriately if an actual certificate of malpractice coverage is necessary.
- How do I qualify for reimbursement for clerkship travel?
Visit the Clerkship Travel Reimbursement page.