Feinberg expects students to complete the MD curriculum within six years of matriculation. Approved joint degree programs that enhance a student’s medical education are encouraged and will not count toward the six-year limit. Appeals for exceptions to the six-year rule must be made to the Student Promotions Committee.
The MD degree will be conferred by Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine to persons who have met the following requirements, as determined by faculty:
- Satisfactory completion of all competency and coursework requirements
- Achievement of passing scores on the National Board of Medical Examiners USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 (Clinical Knowledge and Clinical Skills)
- Payment of all fees in full
- Return of any school property/materials
- Completion of the mandatory exit interview for medical school borrowers