Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
MD Education

Making Enrollment Changes & Withdrawals

Changes in Financial Circumstances

If your enrollment status or financial circumstances change from what you report on your application materials, you must notify the Chicago Financial Aid Office. If you do not report this information, you may jeopardize your eligibility for assistance in the current and/or subsequent academic period.

A change in circumstances could include:

  • Taking a leave of absence
  • Marriage
  • Expected earnings and/or those of your spouse (if married)
  • Receipt of an outside scholarship or other monetary gift

Submit notification of any changes in circumstances in writing or email to the Chicago Financial Aid Office.

Enrollment Changes

If you have federal student loans and you are considering taking time off, please consult with Cynthia Gonzalez. Changes to your enrollment status may impact your federal student loan eligibility. The University’s academic programs are measured in credit hours. Therefore, you are considered to have withdrawn if you do not complete all the days in the term that were originally scheduled. Financial aid recipients who withdraw from the University may be required to return a portion of their Title IV funds to the federal programs as well as some of their state assistance, outside scholarships and/or institutional financial aid.

See the Withdrawals and Financial Aid page on the Student Financial Services website for more information.