Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine partners with individuals and organizations that have values and passions similar to our own. These stories showcase Feinberg’s work with these people.
- On October 23, Barbara and Bruce Jacobson, co-founders of Campaign 2 Save Lives, presented Jessica Altman, MD, and Olga Frankfurt, MD, co-directors of the Leukemia Translational Research Program (LTRP), with a check for $30,000 to further their research, patient treatment, and care.
- Ann Suker Potter ’82 and Stephen N. Potter, ’82 MBA, have been supporting areas across Northwestern since the mid-1980s, when they made their first gift of $150 to support scholarships. In January 2017, the couple documented a $1 million bequest to benefit the Jacob R. Suker, MD, Professorship in Medical Education at Feinberg.
- Alumnus John Flanagan Establishes Stone Professorship in Honor of His Longtime Northwestern PhysicianJohn R. Flanagan, ’58 MBA, recently made an extraordinary gift to establish the Neil J. Stone, MD, Professorship at Feinberg.
- On July 18, members of The Lynn Sage Foundation gathered on the Feinberg campus to celebrate another year of high-impact support for cancer research at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University.
- On June 26, Jan Gierlach of Barrington, Illinois, presented Leonidas C. Platanias, MD, PhD, with a check for $206,991.85, which is one third of the proceeds he raised earlier this year biking across the country.
All Partners Stories
- Jun 2017On Tuesday, June 13, seven members of Ms. Nashwa Mekky’s fifth grade class at Ivy Hill Elementary School visited the Lurie Cancer Center to present a check for funds they raised to support breast cancer research.
- Jun 2017On May 9, the Northwestern Medicine community welcomed leadership from the AHA for what has become an annual celebration of a longstanding partnership.
- May 2017On May 2, the Sarcoma Foundation of America presented a check for $33,000, representing the proceeds from the 2016 Race to Cure Sarcoma.
- Apr 2017On April 11, a new Science Club Laboratory was unveiled at a ribbon cutting hosted by the True Value Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago Science Club with The Driskill Foundation and the Science in Society program at Northwestern University.
- Dec 2016In 2011, Jason established Run4Papa with a mission to bring global awareness to curing dementia. Since then, he has raised over $190,000 in support of research at Northwestern's CNADC.