The paths between discoveries and new treatments can be shortened with the help of philanthropy. Your gifts help transform basic research into clinical trials, promise into progress, and medical research into treatments and cures.
The future of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine is bright thanks to donor giving. Learn about how donor support is contributing to the future of Feinberg educational opportunities, research facilities, and breakthroughs in patient care.
- On November 3, nearly 60 members of the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine faculty joined vice president for Medical Affairs and Lewis Landsberg Dean Eric G. Neilson, MD, for a spirited and collegial gathering where they were recognized for their membership in the prestigious Nathan Smith Davis Society.
- On October 20, faculty, trainees, and supporters interested in the future of primary care medicine gathered in Method Atrium for the inaugural Davee Foundation Endowed Lecture on the Future of Primary Care Medicine.
- A record-breaking 300 patients, physicians, medical trainees, and supporters of the Global Health Initiative (GHI) Fund at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine gathered on October 4 at The Peninsula Chicago to celebrate the GHI and the impact of philanthropy over the past year.
- On August 29, nearly 250 friends and supporters of the Lurie Cancer Center gathered for a fundraising event to support cancer research and care, which raised nearly $1 million.
- Held on July 16, the annual event raised over $651,000 for basic science cancer research at the Lurie Cancer Center—an all-time record.
All Future Stories
- Jun 2016On Friday May 20, more than 450 friends, supporters, and community members came together for the seventh annual Minds Matter Benefit to celebrate the Northwestern Brain Tumor Institute's year of accomplishments.
- May 2016On Thursday, May 12, the American Heart Association (AHA) presented Northwestern Medicine leadership with a symbolic check for $3,835,766, representing the funding that Northwestern received from the organization in 2015 in support of cardiovascular research.
- May 2016On April 26, the Harold E. Eisenberg Foundation, a longtime supporter of gastrointestinal (GI) cancer research at the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, presented the first ever Harold E. Eisenberg Research Scholar Award.
- Recognizing the Accomplishments and Generosity of Students and Donors at the Commitment to Scholarships LuncheonMay 2016On Saturday, April 30 during Alumni Weekend 2016, more than 150 medical student scholars, donors, and friends came together to celebrate donor generosity in creating and supporting scholarships at the medical school.
- May 2016On Saturday, April 30, nearly 200 members of the Nathan Smith Davis Society at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine came together to mingle, celebrate, and to be recognized for their commitment to the medical school.
- The Les Turner ALS Foundation's "Hope Through Caring" Gala Honors Philanthropists, Volunteers, and Patients AlikeMar 2016On February 27, approximately 450 supporters of the Les Turner ALS Foundation gathered for the "Hope Through Caring" Gala at the new Loews Hotel in Chicago.